Please take the time to read our terms and conditions. We will always endeavour to be fair and reasonable.
1. We teach forty four lessons over a twelve month period and payment is collected monthly over a twelve month period.
2. Parents must ensure that they are on time to collect their child as we do not accept liability or responsibility for child care.
3. Children can only be collected by persons named on the student contact details form or by informing us in writing.
4. Students must bring their instrument (excluding drums), any accessories or references needed to each lesson.
5. We do not accept liability for loss or damage to any personal possessions or personal injury, however caused.
6. Any damage caused to our equipment and property will be charged at the full cost.
7. Where a student gives at least fourteen days notice in writing to the admin team that he/she is unable to attend a lesson, we will arrange a convenient alternative date and time. Notice must be made in writing to our admin office via email email@example.com. This is limited to no more than three times in a twelve month period. No refunds will be given. At the time of giving notice you will need to give your two weeks availability for your catch up lesson to be arranged and for your notice to be valid.
8. Where a student fails to attend a lesson which is not a consequence of a Rhapsody Institute cancellation, no refund will be offered nor lesson made up.
9. Where a student is late for a lesson, the missed time will not be made up.
10. Where a studentʼs behaviour or conduct is deemed unacceptable, we reserve the right to terminate the lesson and all future lessons. The student, or parent (where applicable) will be liable to settle any outstanding monies if owed, including full payment of the four week notice period.
11. Once lessons have been timetabled and reserved, it is expected that students will attend all lessons. In the event that the student wishes to change the agreed lesson time and date for all future lessons, we will endeavour to find a suitable alternative. Where this cannot be agreed, and the student is no longer able to continue, the normal termination period of four weeks notice applies.
12. Where Rhapsody cancels a lesson (e.g. teacher illness or extreme adverse weather conditions), an alternative date and/or time will be offered. We are not liable for any costs incurred. No refunds will be made.
13. The student, or parent (where applicable) agrees:
- a) to ensure that contact details (including emergency contact numbers) are up to date and that we are informed of any relevant and changing medical conditions.
- b) that we may record, film or photograph them (or their child) for promotional, educational or marketing purposes. This may be either during the lesson or at a special event day that will take place from time to time. If you would prefer to opt out of 13.b), we must receive written confirmation to our admin office via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. We reserve the right to change the time and day/date of all services. No refunds will be given nor are we liable for any costs incurred. We will endeavour to give maximum notice.
15. We reserve the right to terminate lessons at any time and request any outstanding monies for lessons taught be paid within fourteen days of receipt of our termination notice. We are not liable for any further costs incurred.
16. We reserve the right to alter your tutor but will endeavour to tell you if this is necessary.
17. No refunds are to be made for any products or services unless deemed otherwise by The Rhapsody Institute. Any refunds given will only be credited to the customers account.
18. To terminate lessons, the student must submit four weeks notice in writing to the admin team before 7th day of the month. If notice is given after 7th day of the month, the student will be required to pay for that month and the following month. Notice must be made in writing to our admin office via email email@example.com. We will acknowledge your termination of lessons in writing, calculate any outstanding payment, if owed, and where necessary invoice for full settlement to be paid within fourteen days of receipt of our termination letter.
19. If a direct debit payment is missed due to a missed payment from the customer, an automatic £15 charge will be added on to the customers following payment
20. If outstanding payments are not resolved after 5 working days of Rhapsody notifying the customer there will be a £10 daily admin fee every day for 3 months or until resolved. If outstanding payments are not received after 3 months then legal action will be taken.
21. All The Rhapsody Institute Graded exams are non-refundable and cannot be deferred to a later examination date. Once a time slot has been allocated to the customer this cannot be changed. If The Rhapsody Institute cancels a grade an alternative date and/or time will be offered. We are not liable for any costs incurred and no refund will be made.
These terms and conditions are subject to change. Please refer to rhapsodyhq.co.uk for the most up to date version. We will endeavour to keep you informed by email whenever we make amendments. Please keep these terms and conditions and standing order form for your records.